Find information on books and resources available through Pratt Community College Learning Resource Center / Library.
Kansas Library Interlibrary Loan -
The Library has access to several different online resources, which may help you in doing research or just finding a bit of information.
These resources may be accessed while in the Library, at your dormitory room, home, office, or in PCC's Computer Lab.
The 2012 Statistical Abstract -
The Statistical Abstract of the United States, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
Sources of data include the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and many of Federal agencies and private organizations.
The Kansas Statistical Abstract - prepared by the University of Kansas Institute for Policy and Social Research - is a compilation of a wide range of statistics about Kansas counties.
The Abstract pulls together in one volume county level data for health and other social determinants. The data are also compiled into county level reports.
The ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to educational-related literature. ERIC provides ready access to education literature to augment American education by increasing and facilitating the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research. ERIC provides coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs.
KanFind Databases -
* General Research: MasterFile Premier; Academic Search Premier; Student Research Center; Newspaper Source Plus; Kansas Periodical Index.
* Encyclopedia Britannica Online
* En Espanola: Learning Express; MedicLatina; Fuente Academica; Enciciopedia Britannica.
* Mango (Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and more )
* Teacher/Librarian Professional Sources: ERIC (Education Resource Information Center); Professional Development Collection; LISTA (Library, Information System & Technology Abstracts).
* Master Search
* Learning Modules: Mango; Learning Express.
* Books: Kansas EZ Library; EBSCO Book Collection; Novelist; Literary Reference Center; Kansas Library Catalog; Talking Books Catalog; WorldCat (OCLC).
* Popular Topics: Auto Repair Reference Center; HeritageQuest; Genealogy Connect; History Reference Center; Kansas History; Art Full Text; Legal Collection; Agricola; GreenFile.
* Health and Medical: Consumer Health Complete; MEDLINE; ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health.
* Business and Technology: Small Business Reference Center; Business Source Premier; Computer Source; Vocational & Career Collection.
Learning Centers offer the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You'll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that's right for you.
Searchable online literature for the student, educator, or enthusiast. To find the work you're looking for start by looking through the author index. We currently have over 1900 full books and over 3000 short stories and poems by over 250 authors. Our quotations database has over 8500 quotes.
With over 14 million citations of biomedical articles from MEDLINE and other life science journals dating back to the 1950s, PubMed also features links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
Extensive information on over 650 diseases and conditions from the National Institute of Health and other trusted sources. A medical encyclopedia, medical dictionary, drug information for both prescription and nonprescription drugs, health information from the media, and links to thousands of clinical trials available. MedlinePlus is available in Spanish and there are 165+ interactive, sight and sound tutorials in both English and Spanish languages.
Homework Help, Teacher Resources, Test Prep
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Hutchinson News
- The Pratt Tribune
- The Topeka-Capitol Journal
- USA Today
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Wichita Eagle
- What's in the ERIC Collection
Bibliographic records of education literature, plus a growing collection of full text
- Journal List
Alphabetical list covering 1966 to the present
- Non-Journal Source List
Alphabetical list covering non-journal sources
- Collection Highlights
RSS feeds and quick searches of featured publication sources and high-interest topics